Utility Billing Clerk Position
Applicants should have cash handling skills and good written/verbal communication skills. Microsoft Excel and Word, proficiency is preferred but not required, must have good attention to detail and must be discretionary with customer information.
Bookkeeping experience and accounts receivable/billing experience is preferred but not required.
Some of the required duties include:
- Front counter duties; including taking payments, answering phones and taking messages
- Manage monthly utility billing for water, sewer, gas and electric systems
- Run various monthly reports, generate work orders
- Insurance maintenance, including additions, deletions, reporting and assessment
- Other special assignments and projects as assigned by City Manager & City Clerk
- Back up other office positions on an as needed basis/Be flexible with the ability to listen and be a team player
- Attend city board meetings during and after hours if necessary
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional overtime
- Salary Range: DOE/Q with full benefits after 90 day probation period
The City of Yale is an EOE.